This course serves as an
This course serves as an introduction to my commentary on Hebrews published by Concordia Publishing House this year. In this course we will explore the theology of worship in this letter. The following topics will be examined:
- the contrast between the divine service in the old covenant and the new covenant;
- the role of Jesus as our high priest and our sin offering;
- our entry into the heavenly place of rest by hearing the voice of the living God;
- our access to the heavenly sanctuary through the body and blood of Jesus;
- our purification and sanctification by Jesus in the divine service;
- our participation with the angels in the heavenly liturgy; and
- the presentation of God-pleasing offerings through Jesus.
The main focus will be on the practical relevance of this teaching to what is done and taught, given and received in the divine service.
11 (Monday) - 13 (Wednesday)
CTSFW Continuing Education - Kara Mertzce@ctsfw.edu