Ph.D. in Theological Studies Admission Procedures
All prospective Ph.D. students should contact the Office of Graduate Studies for the required application materials. The application will require the following:
- A completed Ph.D. application form, including a $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic and professional training beyond high school.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons able to evaluate the applicant’s scholarly ability, professional competence and personal character. Please use the forms provided with the application.
- Sample theological research paper.
- A personal interview with the director of the Ph.D. program or another member of the Ph.D. faculty will usually be required. In certain circumstances it may be waived at the discretion of the director.
Contact the Graduate Studies Office
Ph.D. in Theological Studies Admission Requirements
- Entry into this degree program requires the Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from an accredited theological school, with a 3.5 cumulative G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale. For those coming from outside North America, credentials equivalent to the foregoing are required. Credentials for these applicants will be examined by the Graduate Studies Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate a working ability in the English language by means of an acceptable TOEFL score or by means of some other standard English examination.