Upcoming Events at
Concordia Theological Seminary—Fort Wayne
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (CTSFW)—Check out the upcoming events offered by Concordia Theological Seminary (CTSFW), 6600 N. Clinton Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana. For additional information concerning all events, please go to www.ctsfw.edu or phone 260-452-2100.
Spring Assignment and Commencement Events:
- Vicarage/Deaconess Internship Assignment Service, April 27, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. in Kramer Chapel. The Rev. Dr. Dale L. Sattgast, president of the LCMS South Dakota District, will serve as preacher.
- Candidate Placement Service, April 28, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. in Kramer Chapel. Preacher for the service will be the Rev. Richard O. Boche, president of the LCMS Wyoming District.
- Deaconess Placement Service, May 21, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. in Kramer Chapel.
- Commencement events take place on May 22:
- 10:00 a.m.: Baccalaureate
- 3:00 p.m.: Organ Recital
- 6:00 p.m.: Commencement Ceremony, the Rev. Daniel Preus, third vice-president of the LCMS, will be the speaker.
We invite all our friends to join us for these special services and events (all times are Eastern Time). For those who cannot be on campus, all services will be broadcast live at www.ctsfw.edu.
Continuing Education: Pastors, deaconesses and all church workers serve their congregations year-round and Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, offers continuing education opportunities to support them as they serve. The list of continuing education sites can be found at www.ctsfw.edu/CE. Be sure to check the site often as specific information for each site will be posted as it becomes available. You may also email CE@ctsfw.edu or phone 260-452-2103 for additional information.
Alumni reunions will be hosted by Concordia Theological Seminary, May 21–22, 2015, for the classes of 1945, 1950, 1955, 1960, 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005 and 2010. In addition to the Lutheran Church Extension Fund Alumni Banquet, Baccalaureate Matins service and commencement ceremony, there will be plenty of opportunities for campus tours, including the Wayne and Barbara Kroemer Library expansion, and to visit with former classmates and professors as we celebrate ministry, friends and memories. Culminating the events will be the President’s Luncheon honoring the members of the classes being recognized this year for their years of service as faithful servants of Jesus Christ. For further information go to www.ctsfw.edu/Alumni or connect with the Rev. Timothy Puls at 260-452-2260 or Alumni@ctsfw.edu.
Church Interpreter Training Institute (CITI) will offer a summer workshop June 13-20, 2015. The mission of CITI is to equip church interpreters, through specialized instruction, to assist and serve the church in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the deaf. For additional information go to www.ctsfw.edu/CITI or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Now Open for High School Summer Events
- Christ Academy—High School, June 14–27, 2015. For two weeks each summer, high school-aged men of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod are offered the opportunity to delve deeper into their faith, enjoy the seminary experience and make friendships that will last a lifetime while attending Christ Academy—High School. Space is limited, so be sure to get your registration in early. Information concerning the registration process can be found at www.ctsfw.edu/ChristAcademy. If you know of a young man who may be interested in this opportunity please contact us at ChristAcademy@ctsfw.edu or 800-481-2155.
- Phoebe Academy—High School, July 9–12, 2015. Phoebe Academy–High School provides an opportunity for high school women to learn about the vocation of deaconess in the church from a theological perspective. Attendees will explore God's Word on Mercy and what it means for us today while developing friendships with like-minded women that can last a lifetime. They will also meet deaconesses who are serving in the church, learn what they do and how they are trained to serve. The schedule for the event and the registration form can be found at www.ctsfw.edu/PAHS. You can also email PhoebeAcademy@ctsfw.edu or phone 800-481-2155 for additional information.
Summer Workshops for Church Musicians:
- Basic Level Organists and Service Playing for Pianists
June 15–19, 2015
Many organists, whether recently drafted into playing or who have been on the bench for quite a while, have had very little or no basic training in how the instrument works, how to choose appropriate registrations, how to play pedals with both feet or how to lead the singing of hymns and liturgy through effective playing. This workshop covers these basic items. Additionally, pianists will learn the same concepts of how to lead congregational singing of hymns and liturgy from the piano.
- Intermediate Level Organists
June 22–26, 2015
For organists who have the basics covered but desire to improve their skills of playing hymns and liturgy. Topics will also include creative hymn introductions, making informed choices about organ repertoire and strategies for leading challenging hymns.
Information and online registration is available at www.ctsfw.edu/OrganWorkshops. Questions about the workshops can be directed to OrganWorkshops@ctsfw.edu or 260-452-2224.
- CTSFW Tours to Turkey and Greece, November 12–23, 2015. For additional info go to www.ctsfw.edu/CTSFWTours, email CTSFWTours@ctsfw.edu or phone 260-452-2119.
- Luther Hostel 2015, October 28–30, under the theme "The End Times & Resurrection: Confident Comfort in Christ." There will be presentations by CTSFW faculty, including President Lawrence Rast, Dr. Charles Gieschen and Dr. David Scaer, time to attend classes with current students and a special Reformation Service in Kramer chapel. For additional information email Retreats@ctsfw.edu or phone 260-452-2204.