Welcome to the seminary student health coverage
through the Concordia Health Plan.
Concordia Theological Seminary will again be offering students the Concordia Health Plan (CHP), a comprehensive health plan available through Concordia Plan Services. Concordia Plan Services and its Board of Directors understand that many seminary students have substantial financial constraints which make it difficult to carry health coverage, and they have worked diligently to make your student coverage more affordable for 2013/2014. Unfortunately the rates for the 2013/2014 academic year increased by 2.5 percent from 2012/2013 academic school year.
The following information will help guide you through the CHP enrollment process.
Returning students who are already enrolled in the CHP and are not making changes to their coverage do not need to complete a new Enrollment Form; their CHP coverage will continue. The following forms, which are included in this packet, may be used for returning students who wish to make changes in their health coverage.
- An Annual Open Enrollment Form—may be submitted by returning students who previously declined coverage for themselves or eligible dependents to enroll themselves or their dependents during the annual open enrollment period (August 1-September 15). Pre-existing condition limitations may apply if you do not have a HIPAA Certification of Prior Coverage. Refer to www.ConcordiaPlans.org, under Who Am I?/Student/Seminary Student/Enrollment for details. Forms must be submitted to Leah Flahaut, Dean of Students’ Office, by September 13, 2013 for coverage effective September 1.
- A Special Enrollment Form—may be submitted to Leah Flahaut, Dean of Students’ Office any time during the year to enroll a student or a dependent who previously declined coverage in the CHP and has experienced a special enrollment qualifying event, such as the loss of other health coverage.
Returning students who will continue to opt-out of the student health plan are to submit the Seminary Student Reason for Non-Enrollment Form, which is on page 3 and 4 of the Seminary Enrollment Form. Forms are due on June 1, 2013.
Returning students who plan to enroll in the student health plan are to submit the Special Enrollment Form. Forms are due on June 1, 2013.
New students – students who are enrolling themselves and dependents in the CHP for the first time must complete the following form.
- A Seminary Student Enrollment Form—to be completed by all students enrolling in the CHP for the first time as well as any students that are returning (re-enrolling) after previously terminating their student status. Enrollment forms must be completed, signed, and returned to Leah Flahaut, Dean of Students’ Office by July 1, 2013. Enrollment will be effective September 1, 2013.
All residential seminary students enrolled in at least seven credit hours, international students, as well as those participating in a foreign exchange program, internship, or vicarage are required to enroll in the Concordia Health Plan unless they qualify as “eligible opt-outs” according to CHP guidelines, as stated on the Enrollment Form. Eligible opt-outs must still return the form stating that they are declining health coverage due to one of the eligible reasons selected on page 3 of the Enrollment Form.
Along with the various forms described above, we’ve also included these other helpful materials for you.
- The Seminary Student Option booklet—provides details about the Concordia Seminary Student (CSS) Option of the CHP. It includes information on student eligibility, enrollment, cost, and extra services and programs available through the CHP.
- The “Be Well … Serve Well” flyer—describes the wellness programs available through the CHP’s health and wellness initiative.
- For your convenience, these materials and all forms are also available to view, download, and/or print by visiting www.ConcordiaPlans.org. Select “Student” from the “Who am I?” drop-down menu located on the left side of the home page and click on “Seminary Students.” You will also find a Request for Membership Change Form on this page; the form can also be used to enroll newly acquired dependents (e.g. through marriage or birth), update personal information, or drop a dependent’s coverage. Please review form for specific instructions.
Forms may be faxed to 260-452-2257 or mailed to the address below:
Concordia Theological Seminary
Dean of Students’ Office
Attn: Leah Flahaut
6600 N. Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
If you have any questions about your benefits through the CHP, please contact Concordia Plan Services toll-free at 888-927-7526 or by e-mail at info@ConcordiaPlans.org. Questions about eligibility, billing, and payment should be directed to the seminary at 260-452-2157.
STUDENT HEALTH PLAN FEES FOR 2013-14
(September 1, 2013-August 31, 2014)
* All fees include a $30 administrative fee per quarter
||Fee Per Month
|| Fee Per Quarter
|| Fee for academic year
* Misrepresentation of health coverage can be grounds for dismissal.
Fall Quarter fees due September 27, 2013
Winter Quarter fees due December 20, 2013
Spring Quarter fees due April 4, 2014