The awards presentations on CTSFW’s campus are so special. These are certificates handed out and hands shaken, these are snapshots of what is now a culmination of hours of prayer, service, and dedication to the vocation set before them.
In recognition of achievements in academics and service, a number of awards were given in today’s Annual Awards Convocation. The following is a list of awards received, followed by the presenters and recipients (in that order):
- The St. Timothy Award ~ Dr. Peter J. Scaer ~ Joseph Greenmyer
- The Zondervan Biblical Hebrew Award ~ Dr. Peter J. Scaer ~ Kyle Nelson
- The Zondervan Biblical Hebrew Award ~ Dr. Peter J. Scaer ~ Silas Hasselbrook
- The Concordia Publishing House Award for Exegetical Theology Writing ~ Dr. Peter J. Scaer ~ Charles “Vincent” Shemwell
- The Classical Association of the Middle West and South Award for Outstanding Accomplishment ~ Dr. John G. Nordling ~ Dylan Smith
- The Draves Family Scholarship ~ Dr. Roland F. Ziegler ~ Andrew Hill
- The Zondervan Theology Award ~ Dr. Roland F. Ziegler ~ Kyle Nelson
- The Concordia Publishing House Award for Systematic Theology Writing Award ~ Dr. Roland F. Ziegler ~ Brendan Harris
- The Gerhard Aho Homiletics Award ~ Dr. Carl C. Fickenscher II ~ Aaron Wendorff
- The Concordia Publishing House Award for Pastoral Ministry and Missions Writing ~ Dr. Carl C. Fickenscher II ~ Kyle Nelsom
- The Concordia Publishing House Award for Historical Theology Writing ~ Dr. Benjamin T.G. Mayes ~ Patrick Randolph
- The Concordia Publishing House Award for Graduate School Research and Writing ~ Dr. K. Detlev Schulz ~ Rev Jakob Appell
- The Elizabeth Fedde Award for Outstanding Service ~ Dr. James G. Bushur ~ Sarah Federwitz (Residential) and Jennifer Siukola (Distance)
- The Shepherd’s Staff Award ~ Sem. Aaron Schultz ~ Nathan Widener
To see the entire service, check out this video on our Facebook page—facebook.com/ctsfw/videos/508135427707812—or look at the May 10 service on ctsfw.edu/DailyChapel.
Please join us in praising God and praying for these award recipients and all of our students.