Commencement Marks Close of 170th Academic Year
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (CTSFW)—On Friday, May 20, the Concordia Theological Seminary (CTSFW), Fort Wayne, community will mark the closing of the 170th academic year with Baccalaureate and Commencement. Those who cannot join us on campus can watch these events live by going to www.ctsfw.edu and clicking on the link in the Live Stream Events box.
“We rejoice with the men and women who are completing their studies at CTSFW and will soon embark on the next phase of their journey of service to Christ,” commented CTSFW Academic Dean Dr. Charles A. Gieschen. “We are thankful for the incredible sacrifices and dedication that have gone into their formation process. I speak on behalf of the entire faculty in stating that these men and women will be great blessings to the mission of the Church as they teach the faithful, reach the lost and care for all.”
All events take place in Kramer Chapel:
- Baccalaureate, 10:00 a.m., with the Rev. Mark Sheafer, CTSFW director of Financial Aid, as preacher. He is the father of Daniel Sheafer, who will receive his M.Div. degree during Commencement.
- Organ Recital, 3:00 p.m., with CTSFW Kantor Kevin Hildebrand.
- Commencement, 6:00 p.m., with the Rev. Thomas Zimmerman, CTSFW dean of students, as the guest speaker. He is the father of John Zimmerman, who will receive his M.Div. degree during Commencement.
(Baccalaureate and Commencement will be broadcast live at www.ctsfw.edu. Please note that all times are Eastern Daylight Time)
In addition to the awarding of academic degrees, several special honors will be bestowed:
- Alumnus of the Year: The Rev. Alan Taylor (CTSFW 1993), St. John Lutheran Church, Galveston, Texas
- Doctor of Divinity Honoris Causa: The Rev. Alan G. Ludwig, theological educator for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Honoris Causa: Dr. Beverly K. Yahnke, executive director for Christian counsel, Doxology, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Doctor of Laws Honoris Causa: Mrs. Barbara Kroemer, Zionsville, Indiana, Mr. Wayne Kroemer, Zionsville, Indiana
- Miles Christi (Soldier of Christ) Award: Mr. Walter Moerbe, LaPryor, Texas
“Throughout our 170 year history we have been blessed with dedicated students, a first-class faculty and faithful donors who support us so selflessly,” said CTSFW President Dr. Lawrence R. Rast Jr. “We pray for God’s continued guidance as we serve together to prepare the finest pastors and deaconesses to serve His people throughout the world.”