Rev. Barry Long
Texts below are suggested for reading prior to the course. Additional readings, not listed, will be available upon registration.
General Ethics Texts
- Althaus, Paul, The Ethics of Martin Luther, translated by Robert C. Schultz, Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1972.
- Large Catechism, “The Ten Commandments.”
- Lovin, Robin W., An Introduction to Christian Ethics: Goals, Duties, and Virtues, Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2011.
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich, “Christ, Reality, and Good,” Ethics, 68-75.
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich, “The Concrete Commandment and the Divine Mandates,” Ethics, 388-408.
- Luther, Martin, “How Christians Should Regard Moses,” AE 35, 161-167.
On Marriage and Family
- Girgis, S., R. P. George, and R. T. Anderson, “What Is Marriage?” Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, 34 No. 1 (2010): 245-288.
- Meilaender, Gilbert, Bioethics: A Primer for Christians (Third Edition), Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2013.