Students in F-1 Status May Be Eligible for Several Types of Employment:
- On-campus. Employment is limited to 10 hours per week while school is in session; 20 hours per week when classes are not in session. In order to be employed, you must see the CTSFW Financial Aid Office.
- Off-campus. Please contact your DSO before seeking off-campus employment.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT). CPT must be directly related to the student’s field of study and commensurate with the student’s educational level. The training must be a requirement of the program of study and receive course credit.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT). OPT requires the full-time student to submit an application for work directly related to his/her field of study at least 90 days before the start date. See OPT information from Study in the States.
- For more information on CPT or OPT, please see the Homeland Security Practical Training Information website.
Why do I Need a Social Security Number?
In order to work in the United States, every eligible F-1 student needs a Social Security number (SSN). See Social Security information for international students.
Fort Wayne, Indiana, Social Security Office
2122 Lincolnway Court
Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Phone: (800) 772-1213
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.–Noon
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Applying for a Driver’s License in the State of Indiana
When you apply for a new driver’s license, permit, or identification card, you must present original versions or certified copies of the following documents:
- One document proving your identity (passport); and
- One document proving your Social Security number (you will need to apply for a Social Security number if you haven’t already); and
- One document proving your lawful status in the United States (foreign passport with a visa and printed I-94 form); and
- Two documents proving your Indiana residency (your I-20 and a letter stating your housing arrangements).
- Download a list of all acceptable documents
Pine Valley license branch
10204 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne
Phone: (888) 692-6841
View a map of the Fort Wayne – Pine Valley branch and get directions
Make an appointment for the Pine Valley branch.
Note: Scheduling an appointment online for a branch visit does not mean you are scheduling a driving skills test online.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.