S.T.M. Admission Process
- All prospective graduate students should write to the Office of Graduate Studies requesting an application form to begin the admission process. A $35 non-refundable application fee should accompany the completed application form. Full-time graduate students on campus are subject to the same registration rules that apply to M.Div. students.
- The applicant must submit official transcripts of all previous academic work beyond high school.
- Three letters of recommendation are required from individuals who are able to evaluate the applicant’s character, scholarly intent and ability.
- Foreign applicants must also submit acceptable TOEFL scores to demonstrate their ability to work in the English language.
S.T.M. Admission Requirements
Entry into this degree program requires the Master of Divinity degree or first graduate theological degree with a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale from an accredited seminary of the United States, or an equivalent degree under a different educational system for those who are outside the United States.
S.T.M. Language Requirements
- A reading knowledge of at least one biblical language is required of all S.T.M. students.
- Students who major in Exegetical theology must demonstrate not only a reading but a working knowledge of the biblical language in the area of concentration.
- Students majoring in Exegetical theology must pass the proficiency examination in Hebrew or Greek before enrolling in courses in the area of their biblical concentration.
- A reading knowledge of at least one modern foreign research language is also required of the regular (thesis option) S.T.M. students. The foreign language requirements assist students in their class work and in their thesis research. Students majoring in Systematic or Historical theology may substitute Latin for the modern foreign language, if Latin is necessary for thesis work.
- Students may take no more than nine hours of course work before the foreign language and biblical language examinations are passed.
|Regular S.T.M. Program||Non-Thesis Option|
|Course Work||27 hours of credits||36 hours of credits|
|Biblical Language Examination||Greek or Hebrew||Greek or Hebrew|
|Modern Research Language Examination||Yes||No|
|Written Examinations||Major area||Major area|
|Thesis||Yes (six credits)||No|
This program is designed so that the student may finish within 12 months of study.