M.Deac. (Distance) Admission Process
An applicant must submit the following for the admission process:
- Submit an application for admission to the M.A.in Deaconess Studies degree program to the Admission Office.
- Applicants should arrange to have official transcripts sent to the Admission Office by the registrar of the college/university/seminary they have attended.
- Include a letter from their pastor as one of the three letters of recommendation submitted prior to admission.
- Undergo a criminal background check prior to admission. Protect My Ministry, an agency contracted by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, will be used. The Admission Office will submit this on the applicant’s behalf. Applicants will be required to sign a waiver release.
- Applicants will complete and return the Confirmation of Admission form after a letter of acceptance is received. Confirming the offer of admission indicates the intention to enroll at CTSFW for the term you were admitted. Accepting your admission allows the Seminary to prepare more effectively for your arrival.
- Entering students are required to have completed a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be a member, in good standing, of a congregation in The Lutheran Church—Missouri (LCMS), ordinarily for a minimum of two years prior to admission.
- Entering students are required to have served at least five years in a congregation or institution where their work has included an element of spiritual care and/or human care (e.g., teaching, nursing, care ministry in a congregation) and will continue to serve in this way throughout the course of their study.