Prepare your Computer
What is Questionmark Secure?
Questionmark Secure is a program that you install on your computer in order to take your Entry Level Competency Examinations (ELCE). It is designed to provide a secure environment in which you may take your examinations in a way that protects the integrity of the test taker and the exam itself.
You will only need to install Questionmark Secure once. Questionmark Secure will then open automatically whenever you begin one of your ELCE Exams. When Questionmark Secure is started, your test will be secure content in the following way:
- The display is always full screen–it is not possible to maximize or minimize your exam.
- If you have a dual monitor configuration on your computer the secondary display will be blacked out.
- There are no menu bars available at any time through out the exam (Questionmark Secure will display its own toolbar).
- No aspects of your Windows or Apple Operating System are available to you throughout the exam.
- No history of your exam will be logged on your computer.
- Questionmark Secure Software will NOT allow you to take ELCE exams from any Virtual Machine (VM).
Download Questionmark Secure
Install Questionmark Secure (Microsoft Windows).
- Download the installer and double click the installation program.
- Click Run from the Open File window.
- Click Next and accept the license agreement.
- Set the destination folder for where you would like to install Questionmark Secure, or use the default location.
- If you are installing Questionmark Secure as:
- an administrative user set if you would like to install Questionmark Secure for anyone who uses this computer or Only for me
- A standard user the application is automatically set to Only for me.
- Click Next followed by Install.
- Once the installation has completed you will be prompted to click Finish. When you have completed the installation wizard you will find Questionmark Secure installed in the installation directory that you chose. A shortcut to this guide will also be added to the Start menu.
NOTE: No Start menu item is created for launching Questionmark Secure as it’s designed to be launched automatically by your browser when you begin an exam.
Supported Platforms & Browsers
Supported Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 OR OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or greater are supported platforms for the installation of Questionmark Secure
NOTE: Due to the secure nature of the exams, Questionmark Secure Software will NOT allow you to take ELCE exams from any Virtual Machine (VM).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer