Ph.D. Admission Procedures
All prospective Ph.D. students should contact the Office of Graduate Studies for the required application materials. The application will require the following:
- A completed Ph.D. application form, including a $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic and professional training beyond high school.
- Five letters of recommendation from persons able to evaluate the applicant’s scholarly ability, professional competence and personal character. Please use the forms provided with the application.
- A personal interview with the director of the Ph.D. program or another member of the Ph.D. faculty will usually be required. In certain circumstances it may be waived at the discretion of the director.
Ph.D. Admission Requirements
- Entry into this degree program requires the Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from an accredited seminary, with a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale. Those without a degree but with substantial missiological training and experience may be admitted at the discretion of the Graduate Studies Committee.
- Applicants should have at least three years of full-time experience in cross-cultural ministry or evangelism. The Graduate Studies Committee may determine exceptions.
- Applicants should possess a working knowledge of a field language in which they will do ministry and research.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate a working ability in the English language by means of an acceptable TOEFL score or by means of some other standard English examination.