Concordia Theological Seminary – Fort Wayne, IN


Concordia Theological Seminary – Fort Wayne, IN

Paying for Seminary

Financial Aid Office

Welcome to the Financial Aid Office!

We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to support our students who are being formed as servants in Jesus Christ who will teach the faithful, reach the lost and to care for all.

Financial aid is an important aspect to consider before attending Concordia Theological Seminary.  You should learn as much as you can about what aid is available before enrolling.  Many of our degree programs are eligible to receive tuition grants from the Seminary.  Residential church worker programs are eligible for the 100% tuition coverage program.  Federal Student Loans and Federal Work Study are also available for those who qualify.  Outside scholarships and other grants are available for those who meet the required criteria.  Application forms must be submitted each academic year and deadlines must be followed in order to be considered for any financial aid.  The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page offers you step by step instructions on what you need to do in order to receive financial aid.

Student Consumer Information

In order to help students have all the information they need to make wise choices in their education, the US Department of Education requires a number of reports and pieces of information be made available. You’ll find all that information here. Feel free to contact us with any questions.


There are several resources available to our students to make seminary education more affordable.

How Much Will Seminary Cost?

Printable Average Cost of Attendance

How much does it cost to go to seminary? How much should you expect to pay for books, housing and other expenses?

Tuition and Fees

A full list of tuition and fee costs for our degree programs

How Can I Pay for Seminary?

Paying for SMP

Because SMP is not a full-time program and does not confer a degree at its end, students in the program are not eligible for many common sources of financial aid, including federal funding. Students seeking to enroll in the SMP program should coordinate closely with congregational leaders as well as their District President to see what solutions are available for funding their studies. Once these avenues have been exhausted, if funds
are still lacking, you may want to consider a private education loan. Remember, a student loan whether private or federal, must be repaid by the student.General information about private loans:

  1. Private loans are based on a credit review and may require a cosigner to qualify.
  2. Not all lenders offer loans to non-degree seeking students and often require at least half-time enrollment, so please carefully examine rates and terms associated with any lender and loan.
  3. You will receive several disclosures through the loan process and be required to complete a self-certification form providing cost and other financial aid assistance to the lender.
  4. You can borrow up to the cost of attendance minus other educational funding resources, but please feel free to contact the CTSFW Financial Aid Office to discuss this.

Applying for a Private Loan

Listed below is a loan comparison tool called the INvestEd Marketplace. This is a tool that allows students to shop for private loans from several national and local lenders by viewing actual rates and terms. Once you
choose a lender, you will be forwarded to the lender’s website to complete the application. As a borrower, you have the option to select any lender you choose. CTSFW does not endorse any particular lender and will process
a loan with a lender that is not listed on the INvestED Marketplace.

INvestEd Marketplace
Why INvestEd Marketplace?

Please note: if you are enrolled in or plan to enroll in a program other than SMP, you may be eligible for other types of financial aid including federal loans. Please review your specific program information for eligibility options before looking at private loan options. For assistance, contact the CTSFW Financial Aid Office.