New Position Open at CTSFW: Helpdesk Technician
JOB TITLE: Helpdesk Technician
DEPARTMENT: Seminary Technology
SUPERVISED BY: Lead Helpdesk Technician
The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for assisting and supporting all staff, faculty and students with high-level customer service in troubleshooting and education of computer systems at CTSFW.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provide Installation and Training.
Install needed hardware and software on the system and workstations.
Provide software and hardware training to the end-user.
Teach staff to use information resources legally, safely, and efficiently.
2) Maintain and troubleshoot the entire network: servers, workstations, printers, email, cabling, hubs, routers, and switches, and internet connectivity.
- a) Analyze and troubleshoot problems with the various operating systems and peripheral devices affecting the end-user processing and system availability.
- b) Provide direct technical support to find timely resolutions to problems with the network applications and instructional software, by understanding problems as identified by users and technology staff.
- c) Ensure network applications and instructional software problems are resolved effectively and efficiently, with minimal inconvenience to the users.
- d) Document everything, especially solutions to problems, for future reference.
3) Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Chief Information Officer or Lead Helpdesk Technician
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products and Microsoft operating systems. 2. Knowledge of general office and accounting procedures.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience at a help desk a plus.
CONCORDIA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY POSITION DESCRIPTION PAGE 1
- Ability to troubleshoot technical questions from end-users.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with people (team player).
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
CTSFW MISSION & VISION STATEMENTS:
Mission Statement: Concordia Theological Seminary exists to form servants in Jesus Christ who teach the faithful, reach the lost, and care for all.
Vision Statement: CTSFW is a vibrant, Christ-centered theological community that engages and resources the church and world, domestically and internationally, with distinctively Lutheran teaching, practice, and worship.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of personnel to perform this job.