SMP Completion and Fall Vicarage Assignments Announced at Chapel
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (CTSFW)— Concordia Theological Seminary (CTSFW), Fort Wayne, recognized two groups of men this week during morning chapel. On November 7, the Specific Ministry Pastor (SMP) Class of 2013 was recognized for completion of the SMP Program. Created to provide faithful men to congregations that could not otherwise secure a full-time, fully compensated pastor, the SMP Program takes four years to complete. After completing the SMP Program, men are called to specific ministries where they have a general ministry pastor supervise them for the duration of their service.
“We are very, very proud of the students who have completed the SMP Program at Concordia Theological Seminary,” said the Rev. Dr. Carl C. Fickenscher II, director of Pastoral Formation Programs at CTSFW. “We are delighted that at this time they are already serving in calls for which they have been prepared. We ask God’s blessing upon their service and we ask the support of the Church for them in their service.”
Completing the SMP Program are:
- Daniel A. Holm, SMP pastor, Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, Rialto, California, Pacific Southwest District
- James A. Neuendorf, who will go on to pursue a M.Div. degree.
- Timothy C. Selim, SMP pastor, Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Cadillac, Michigan, Michigan District
- Dean M. Suehring, SMP pastor, Immanuel/St. John Lutheran Churches, Marion/Tigerton, Wisconsin, North Wisconsin District
- Samuel P. Watters, SMP pastor, Living Word Lutheran Church, Plymouth, Michigan, Michigan District
On November 9, the Rev. Dr. Gary W. Zieroth, director of Vicarage and Internship, announced assignments for the three men receiving vicarage assignments this fall. “We are grateful to God that He continues to send forth laborers into His harvest field,” said Zieroth. “We are also grateful for pastors and congregations who continue to partner in ministry with CTSFW to help form future pastors through the Vicarage Program. God continue to bless these men and their families in the months and years to come.”
Vicarage Assignments are:
- Jonathan C. McCall, St. John’s Lutheran Church, Lone Wolf, Oklahoma, Oklahoma District
- Jordan E. Schaller, Grace/Trinity Lutheran Churches, Neligh/Elgin, Nebraska, Nebraska District
- Jay R. Weideman, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Herscher, Illinois, Northern Illinois District
To learn more about studying for the pastoral ministry, go to www.ctsfw.edu/future-students/pastoral or connect with our Admission team by emailing Admission@ctsfw.edu or calling 800.481.2155.