Military Project Mission
CTSFW has established the Military Project to support chaplains of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod and other military personnel in theaters of war and their families, with prayers, encouragement and items of support for both their body and, most especially, their life in Christ.
Accomplishing the Mission
CTSFW’s Military Project cares for our troops through:
Voice of Bethlehem
“Voice of Bethlehem” is a 30-minute abbreviated Divine Service available to soldiers and chaplains on a regular basis via CD. The service consists of a sermon, Scripture readings, hymns and liturgy.
Body and Soul Care Packages
Body and Soul care packages are sent containing:
- Basic supplies of food and toiletries
- Devotional materials according to the Church Year
- Lutheran Service Book
- Good Shepherd Institute and Kantorei CDs
- “Words of Encouragement” from the CTSFW community
- For the Life of the World
- Lutheran Witness
- Good News
- Christians Can Be Soldiers by Martin Luther
Praying for our chaplains and soldiers in chapel services
Caring for families at home with comfort, encouragement and prayers
Other Ways of Caring
Responding to unique needs of our chaplains in a variety of ways:
- The Lutheran Study Bible
- The Concordia Organist (31-CD set of hymn accompaniments and liturgies)
- Luther’s Small Catechism
- Theological books
- Wall-mounted movie screen
- Flannel sheets
- Entertainment supplies and food for remote camps
- Orphanage supplies of hats, mittens, scarves, books and toys
- Coloring books for goodwill distribution to Afghan children
- Holiday decorations and treats
Chaplain James Buckman writes:
“Our Lutheran Service Book hymnal is being well received by Protestants and Catholics alike on the base; this is a good testimony to our confession. I believe there is good reason to hope that these hymnals will be used for many years in this chapel by whomever follows. First of all, funding is always an issue, and if there are already liturgical hymnals (i.e., ours in place), they will be used first. The LSB is, of course, more than a hymnal; it has many discipleship resources built in. You are a blessing to many!”
Ways You Can Help
- Please keep our soldiers and chaplains in your prayers. They are God’s instruments of protection. They leave family, home and country so that we and our families can live in peace and security.
- For information on current service projects, needed supplies or to learn how to set up a military project, call 260.452.2100 or email MilitaryProject@ctsfw.edu.
- Monetary donations should be mailed to Concordia Theological Seminary, Attention: Military Project Coordinator, 6600 N. Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN 46825. All checks should be made payable to the CTSFW Military Project.
- You can also donate online.