Fundraising Ideas for Supporting Seminary Students and Future Church Workers
CTSFW encourages all congregations with members who are studying to become pastors or full-time church workers to support their brothers and sisters in Christ while they attend seminary or college. Here are some fundraising ideas to consider:
- Sponsor a special fundraising event like a walk-a-thon, run-a-thon or bike-a-thon to raise money and awareness for a church worker student. Here is an example of what one LCMS church did to raise funds for a seminarian from their congregation: http://semride.blogspot.com/.
- Have a bake sale or sandwich sale sponsored by the youth group or other church group. This will help young people participate in the support of future church workers and perhaps get them interested in church work for their own vocation.
- Get your local LWML or LLL or circuit congregations involved in the support of future church workers.
- Raise money or collect items for the CTSFW Food and Clothing Co-op.
- Designate Lenten or Advent offerings to go toward future church workers.
- Conduct a door offering(s) after a worship service or Bible class.
- Place a line item in the congregational budget for support of future church workers.
- Distribute this video and downloadable brochure and/or bulletin insert to interested church members.
- Team up with agencies or businesses that may be willing to provide grants or matching funds for conducting a fundraising event for a church work student. For example, Thrivent Financial has a program called “Thrivent Action Teams” where Thrivent members can apply for $250 to be used for a one-time fundraiser. Please go to www.thrivent.com/making-a-difference/living-generously/thrivent-action-teams/ to learn more about this particular program.
(Free publishing not a service of Concordia Theological Seminary)
The preview feature is not currently available in all web browsers. If you do not see the preview above, and would like to use the Issuu reader, please click here.