Concordia Theological Seminary – Fort Wayne, IN


Concordia Theological Seminary – Fort Wayne, IN

Traveling to CTSFW

Requisites for Travel

  • Valid passport (should have at least six months of validity)
  • Valid F-1 visa
  • Current SEVIS I-20 with a valid signature (see I-20, page 3)
  • I-94 card (Get your most recent I-94)
  • Proof of financial support (letter from a donor or bank statements)
  • Letter from CTSFW showing full-time enrollment and good academic standing

Timing of Travel to the United States

You may arrive in the United States up to 30 days prior to the program start date listed on your Form I-20 (see Section 5) and no later than the start date. If you attempt to enter the U.S. after this start date, you may be denied entry.

Arrival at the U.S. Port of Entry

At the U.S. port of entry, you will need to present the following documents to the inspections officer (do not pack these items in your checked luggage):

  • Passport
  • Student Visa
  • Form I-20 issued by Concordia Theological Seminary
  • Admission Letter
  • Evidence of Financial Resources

The inspections officer will use the US-VISIT system and take a digital photograph of you and scan your fingerprints.

Form I-94

Form I-94 is a critical record. It shows that you have been admitted legally to the United States, the class of admission, and the authorized period of stay. It is very important that the information on the record is correct. Inconsistencies between the information on the Form I-94 and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) records can reduce the chances of a successful systems interface.

When you arrive, your I-94 Form will be generated automatically for you by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers. CBP will provide you with an admission stamp on your passport that is annotated with the date of admission, class of admission, and admitted-until date. The electronic arrival/departure record can be obtained at Form I-94.

Form I-515A

If you arrive at the U.S. border without all the necessary paperwork, CBP officials may issue you a Form I-515A.